Friday 15 August 2014

Maths Week

This week the children were involved in lots of different maths learning. One of the activities involved the children creating a picture using shapes such as squares, rectangles, triangles, circles, pentagons, hexagons, crescents and hearts. We based it on the picture "Mr Clown" (see below). 
Another one of the maths activites was problem solving. They had to solve the problem "go karts have 5 wheels. How many wheels would 7 go-karts have? The children found this challenging. They worked in small groups to solve the problem. Look at the photos to see what strategy they used to work out how many wheels altogether.




















3 comments:

  1. I like how you draw pictures to solve that maths problem. I think I will use that strategy if I'm stuck on a problem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great problem solving room 16. It looks like you are confident with skip-counting in 5s. I like how you showed the go karts and their wheels in your workings, Nick and Andrei. Your shape pictures are all very different too. Well done. from Mrs Robyns

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how your drawing came out!-Kiti rm17

    ReplyDelete